Sorry about the delay in posts. The Christmas season and New Years have been crazy for us, but it is now time to get back on track.
I have been doing my normal regimen of pre-pooing, shampoo, deep conditioner and roller set like normal. One thing I did change was an oil that I used in my pre-poo. Normally I would use olive oil, safflower oil, hemp seed oil and coconut oil. During the month of December I added Hair Trigger Growth Elixir to my pre-poo. During that time frame I noticed my hair did thicken up a bit, but it felt weighed down. I read the ingredients and one of the main ingredients is castor oil, an oil that is known for thickening hair.
Because my hair felt so weighed down, I clarified my hair on the first weekend of January, but the shampoo I used also has a chelation agent in it. The clarifying shampoo removes all the oil and dirt build up on your hair. Chelation removes mineral and hard water deposits in your hair. The shampoo I used was from Sally's Quantum Clarifying Shampoo. After shampooing I used my Kera Care Detangling Shampoo. I always follow my clarifying wash with either a moisturizing or detangling shampoo. Afterward I deep conditioned with Mixed Chick Deep Conditioner for 1 hour under the dryer. I then rinsed and roller set my hair afterward.
After clarifying/chelating my hair, it felt like it has before, light and flowy, even with all my new growth. The one thing I did notice lately is a lot of shedding of my hair. I want to say it is because of the winter weather, but it has increased. So this weekend I am going to do a Black Tea Rinse on my hair to control the shedding. I have read several posts about black tea rinse being one of the best ways to control hair shedding. I will post about my results later on next week.
By the way, for those of you who are curious, my sister did the Big Chop on her hair!!! She also dyed her hair a light brown color (pictured below). I am so proud of her for braving that step. This is the first part of her healthy hair journey and I am excited to see how her hair grows out from here.
Until Next time...

No comments:
Post a Comment