So I promised that I would post results of my black tea rinse last week. I realized lately that I have been shedding a lot more than usual, and I want to attest it to the cold snowy weather. (Here in Germany it is always cold). So I did some research and I have found a lot of posts about Black Tea rinses combatting hair shedding. So I decided to try it. I boiled a pot of water added about 8 tea bags to make it strong. I added the tea to a spray bottle. I then pre-pooed with my mix of oils (olive oil, safflower oil, and coconut oil). I pre-pooed for an hour and then washed with Keracare detangling shampoo. I then added Roux porosity control for 1 minute and rinsed. After I rinsed I squeezed the excess water from my hair and parted my hair in sections and sprayed the black tea onto each section. I put my shower cap on my hair for an hour.
When I rinsed the black tea from my hair it felt a little hard and stringy, which is even more of a reason to deep condition. I deep conditioned with Vanilla Silk Dreams conditioner for an hour and then rinsed. I added my leave-ins (I tried S-Curl as a conditioner, Biosilk Serum and CHI Silk Infusion. The S-Curl is normally great, but not for winter) and then roller set.
I have seen a noticeable decrease in hair shedding during the week. With combing and moisturizing, I was satisfied with how many few hairs I have shed throughout the week. I can surely say the rinse worked. But I will take note in how my hair felt right after the rinse which is even more a reason for deep conditioning. After the conditioning my hair loved me. I will definitely incorporate black tea rinses in my regimen at least once per month.
Monique
No comments:
Post a Comment