Sunday, December 2, 2012

Hair Inspiration: Who is yours?

I once read somewhere that when you start your healthy hair journey, it is helpful to have a hair inspiration, or someone who has hair like yours, to motivate you through your journey. There are a lot of women out there with gorgeous hair, but when looking I take into consideration someone who has similar hair texture like mine who is relaxed and who really takes their hair care seriously. My first Celebrity Hair Inspiration is Jada Pinkett-Smith. Granted, she does not relax her hair, but when it is straightened and it looks like it is relaxed. Her hair is so beautiful and it looks like she is currently mid back length. Her hair is versatile because she wears it natural. I absolutely love it! Look at how healthy it looks in this photo:


My 2nd celebrity hair crush is Keshia Knight Pulliam. Ever sine she was little Rudy Huxtable on the Cosby Show, I loved her hair. She is another one who (surprise) does not relax her hair. She flat irons it to get it straight when she is acting, but most of the time she wears it natural which is sort of curly. I realize that even though she is natural and I am relaxed, I can still benefit from some of the same natural hair products because they promote moisture in the hair. They key to healthy relaxed hair is moisture moisture moisture. You have to have the delicate balance of protein as well. I can do a post about that later. Currently my hair is grazing armpit length. My overall goal is waist length. Here is a good photo of Keshia's hair:



Who is your Hair Inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment